Call For Abstracts
We invite you to thefourth International Materials Innovations in Surface Engineering (MISE) conference to be held in the city of Melbourne, Australia. One of the premier surface engineering conferences, the MISE 2020 will feature a broad range of high quality academic and industrial keynote speakers, papers and presentations.
The host city of Melbourne is a hub for industry and academia boasting 12 universities and a population nearing 5M. A hub for international flights, Melbourne is a true conference city. The conference will be located at the state-of-the-art Hawthorn campus of the Swinburne University, just 10 mins by train from the CBD.
The conference dates are the 11th thru to the 12th February 2020.
Modification of a material’s surface to improve its performance is applicable to both metallic and non-metallic materials and is of interest to a myriad of sectors in industry, all of which are striving for innovation, lower production costs, improved utilization, and lower downtime.
The conference goal is to achieve a mix of high quality academic and industrial papers, which will provide delegates an insight into the innovative developments or trends in the industry. We expect that the conference will provide industry representatives, academic institutions and research centres the opportunity to showcase their skills and to foster relationships for future collaboration.
The conference will cover topics such as
- Case Histories, including Failure Analysis
- Characterisation of Surfaces, Coatings and Films
- Coatings and Thin Films for Extreme Industrial Environments
- Education and Training Opportunities for Surface Engineering
- Modelling and Simulation for Surface Engineering
- Physical Vapour Deposited Coatings
- Surface modification for Biomedical Applications
- Surface Modification for Composites
- Surface Modification for Industrial Applications (Energy Harvesting & Storage, Bespoke Engineering Solutions)
- Thermal Spray Coatings
- Weld Overlays and Laser Processing
- Other Surface Technologies
- Cold Spray
Abstracts for MISE2020 must be submitted by: 25 October 2019
The MISE 2020 aims and commits to providing a harassment-free, accessible, and pleasant conference experience with equity rights for all. In doing so all members of the various committees will strive to achieve gender balance in all aspects of the conference. The committee endeavours to achieve this balance through equal female and male representation on the organising committees and as session chairs as well as through invitations to high quality speakers of both sexes in line with the gender balance in our research community.